A datum line is a line used to establish a reference point for measurements. In fluid mechanics, a datum line is often used to measure the level of a fluid. The datum line can be created by drawing a line on a container or by using a measuring device, such as a ruler or a measuring tape.
Other related questions:
Q: What is datum line in pump?
A: Datum line is an imaginary line used to locate features on a drawing.
Q: How is datum line calculated?
A: The datum line is the line from which measurements are made.
Q: How do you use datum lines?
A: Datum lines are used to establish the size, shape, and location of objects on a drawing. They are also used to create dimensions and tolerances.
Q: What is datum surface or line?
A: A datum surface or line is a reference surface or line used to establish the size, shape, or location of something.
- datum line – Wiktionary
- What is a datum head? – Quora
- The line which gives the sum of pressure head, datum head …
- WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GAUGE, ABSOLUTE …
- Explain hydraulic grade line and total energy line – EnggStudy
- 4. ENERGY AND PRESSURE LINE
- Determination of Pressure by Simple Manometers in Fluid …