The winter rule for Duke Energy begins on October 15 and extends through March 15. This is the period when customers who have difficulty paying their bills can request a payment plan.
Other related questions:
Q: How Long Will Duke Energy suspends disconnections 2021?
A: Duke Energy has announced that it will suspend disconnections for non-payment through March 15, 2021.
Q: How can I lower my Duke Energy bill in the winter?
A: There are a number of ways to lower your Duke Energy bill in the winter:
1. Use a space heater instead of your central heating system – this can save you up to 50% on your energy bill.
2. Seal any cracks or gaps around your doors and windows to keep heat from escaping.
3. Add extra insulation to your attic, walls, and floors.
4. Lower the thermostat on your central heating system – every degree you lower it can save you up to 5% on your energy bill.
5. Use energy-efficient light bulbs.
6. Turn off lights and appliances when you’re not using them.
7. Wash your clothes in cold water.
8. Line-dry your clothes instead of using your dryer.
9. Use a slow cooker or crockpot instead of your stove or oven – this can save you up to 50% on your energy bill.
10. Unplug electronics and appliances when you’re not using them.
Q: What months can your electric not be shut off in Ohio?
A: The electric company cannot shut off your power between the months of November and April.
Q: How long before Duke Energy turns off power?
A: It typically takes Duke Energy three business days to turn off power after a customer has requested it be shut off.