The answer to this question depends on the number of electrons in the atom. For atoms with more than one electron, the 2s orbital will always be lower in energy than the 2p orbital. This is because the 2s orbital can hold more electrons than the 2p orbital, and so it is more stable.
Other related questions:
Q: Which has lower energy 2s or 2p?
A: The 2s orbital has lower energy than the 2p orbital.
Q: Which has higher energy 2s or 2p?
A: 2s has higher energy.
Q: Which orbital has the highest energy in a Multielectron atom?
A: The orbital with the highest energy in a multielectron atom is the one with the highest value of n.
Q: Which orbital has the lowest energy 1s 2s 2p 3s?
A: The lowest energy orbital is the 1s orbital.
- Topic 1 – UMass Lowell
- Why does an electron found in a 2s orbital have a lower …
- Why is the 2s orbital lower in energy than the 2p orbital when …
- ‘The energy of 2s orbitals is less than that of 2p … – Quora
- Penetration & Shielding – Chemistry LibreTexts
- Electronic Orbitals – Chemistry LibreTexts
- 2P having higher energy than 2s – CHEMISTRY COMMUNITY