It is a bit of a mystery why there is no data for modern renewable energy SDG. It could be that the data simply doesn’t exist, or that it is too difficult to collect. Either way, it is a shame that we don’t have more information on this important topic.
Other related questions:
Q: What are the three challenges facing renewable energy development?
A: 1) The high upfront cost of investment;
2) The intermittency of renewable resources; and
3) The lack of infrastructure.
Q: Why is renewable energy not sustainable?
A: Renewable energy is not sustainable because it cannot be replenished at the same rate that it is used.
Q: What are the challenges of SDG7?
A: The challenges of SDG7 are:
1. Ensuring universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services
2. Doubling the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency
3. Increasing the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
4. Providing universal access to modern energy cooking facilities
5. Phasing out the use of inefficient traditional coal and biomass cookstoves
Q: Which SDG talks about energy?
A: The SDG on energy is SDG 7, which calls for “affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.”